The UNC Charlotte Alumni Association builds and sustains relationships that connect, engage, and inspire loyalty, tradition, and pride between the University and its alumni. We are committed to making sure the alumni connection to UNC Charlotte lasts a lifetime.
Join us by supporting our current and future Niner students at a time when they need it most by selecting one of the designations below, or choose another Alumni Association scholarship or fund that is meaningful to you.
Up for the Challenge?
Make a bigger impact by taking advantage of the following challenges!
- Chancellor Gaber has challenged us to secure 49 gifts to support student scholarships
- UNC Charlotte's Board of Trustees has offered a dollar for dollar match, up to $120,000, for all gifts to the Alumni Scholarship for Social Justice
- Julie Harris '00 has challenged 149 Bank of America Niner alumni to give back to any area to unlock her $1,049 to the Alumni Scholarship for Social Justice
- 49 gifts unlock $3,000 to the Bank of America Alumni Network Scholarship from BofA's Charlotte Market President's office
- Proud members of the UNC Charlotte Foundation board have continued their legacies at UNC Charlotte and have joined together to challenge Niners to support the 49er Legacy Scholarship! 49 gifts to the fund will unlock their generous $7,500 reward.
Make a Difference
Alumni Association Scholarship for Social Justice
The Alumni Association Scholarship for Social Justice provides annual support to returning undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need, potential for academic success in their chosen program of study and a record of service or social action either at UNC Charlotte, in the greater Charlotte community or in their hometown. Our UNC Charlotte Alumni Board of Directors will be supporting this scholarship during #NinerNationGives.
Harper-Thomas Legacy Endowment for Study Abroad
This award, named in honor of Dr. Mary Harper and Dr. Herman Thomas, supports students’ international educational experiences with preference given to first-generation college students from underrepresented populations. Our UNC Charlotte Black Alumni Chapter will be supporting this endowment during #NinerNationGives.
Bank of America Alumni Network Scholarship
The Bank of America UNC Charlotte Alumni Network was formed to connect 1,000+ University alumni at Bank of America together under one group. The goals of this affinity group are to encourage connectedness among teammates located within close proximity to one another, build out a broadly reaching professional network across the enterprise, and find opportunities to give back to the University together.
Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund assists UNC Charlotte students by providing financial support when they need assistance with unexpected and unavoidable life emergencies that cause unforeseen expenses, including pandemics. Our UNC Charlotte Young Alumni Chapter will be supporting this fund during #NinerNationGives.
49er Legacy Family Scholarship Fund
The Legacy Alumni Network recognizes families for making a 49er education part of their family tradition. The program is offered to encourage the 49er spirit in students who are children and/or grandchildren of UNC Charlotte graduates. Families have passed on the 49er tradition to their children and we want to help celebrate this special relationship. The 49er Legacy Family Scholarship fund was created to honor that legacy and provide assistance to those carrying on the 49er family tradition.