This year we are proud to focus our support on two critical student services: the Jamil Niner Student Pantry and the Student Emergency Fund.
Our mission in Student Affairs is to advance the educational mission of the University by creating inclusive student-centered learning environments where students excel academically and develop personally into their best selves. Helping our students navigate financial and food insecurity are two of the many ways we demonstrate our commitment to student success.
Up for the Challenge?
Make a bigger impact by taking advantage of the following challenges!
- 75 donors to the Student Emergency Housing fund unlocks $15,000 TIAA will be matching all donations dollar for dollar, up to $5,000, to the Student Emergency Fund and the Jamil Niner Student Pantry
- 249 gifts to the Student Emergency Fund in the first 29 hours unlocks $3,000
- 49 gifts to the Pantry from alumnus Dhiaa Jamil '78, for whom the Jamil Niner Pantry is named, unlocks his $1,049 gift
- 49 gifts to the Niner Esports fund unlocks a $1,000 reward from Alumnus and former Niner Esports club member Kevin Colwell '17
- 25 gifts to Maikranz Student Media Award unlocks a $1,000 donation from Brent & Amy Sparks
- 49 donations to support the Collegiate Recovery Program unlocks $4,500 from Mark and Lydia Surles and Bessie Tate
- An anonymous alumnus has challenged 25 Chi Phi brothers to make a gift to the Darryl McCall Scholarship fund to unlock a reward of $1,000
Make a Difference
Student Emergency Fund
The Student Emergency Fund assists UNC Charlotte students by providing financial support when they need assistance with unexpected and unavoidable life emergencies that cause unforeseen expenses, including pandemics.
Jamil Niner Student Pantry
One in three college students experiences food insecurity. The Jamil Niner Student Pantry provides assistance to UNC Charlotte students who struggle with food insecurity, so that every student has access to nutritious food. The pantry has remained open during the COVID-19 pandemic and is serving more students than ever before.